A number of companies are looking to hire talented professionals for Safety Officer Jobs in Dubai & UAE. The positions announced offer great incentives and a lucrative salary package. You can scroll down to read the eligibility criteria and job description for Safety Manager Positions.
For More Safety Officer Jobs: Click Here
|Job Position||Safety Officer|
|Job Location||Across UAE|
|Core Skills||Telephonic Etiquette|
|Salary Range||Depending Upon Position (Update)|
|Last Updated||January 05, 2022|
Safety Officer Jobs in Dubai Latest Updates
Who is a Safety Officer?
A Safety Officer, also known as Occupational Health and Safety Officer is one of the most important office personnel. A Safety Officer is responsible for making and implementing office safety guidelines. Every employee’s well being and safety falls under the care of a Safety Officer. They also have to make sure that the work environment is compliant with the OHS (Occupational Health and Safety) policies.
A Safety Officer has many responsibilities, you can find some important ones given below.
Responsibilities of a Safety Officer:
- Make and implement OHS policies
- Take steps to ensure the company is compliant with these policies
- Train employees on safety guidelines
- Conduct risk assessment
- Take measures to minimize risk
- Regularly access employees for compliance with OHS
- Report non compliance
- Report other incidents and issues
- work with other departments for safety
- Work with regulatory authorities for latest health guidelines and legislation
- Acknowledge any employee’s special needs and requirements and take measures to adequately fulfill these
Education and Skills for Safety Officer Job in Dubai:
All Safety Officers need to have a proper degree in a relevant field to be eligible for a job. Ideally, the right candidate should have:
- Minimum BSC or BA in safety management /engineering or any relevant field
- Masters in the relevant field will be given preference
- International Certificate in Occupational Health, Safety and Environment
- Knowledge of safety legislation and procedures
- Registered or Licensed with the relevant authority (OSHAD etc.)
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Proficiency in English and -preferably Arabic as well
- Ability to train others on safety management
- Knowledge of hazardous materials
- Ability to compile data and reports
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Organized and decent personality
- Alert, Vigilant and Cautious
Almost every safety officer job in Dubai requires prior work experience. The number of years depends on the position applied for. If you do not have relevant experience or if you are a recent graduate then it is recommended to first apply for internship or training in Safety Management.
Apply for Safety Officer Jobs in Dubai:
To apply for Safety Officer Jobs in Dubai, email your resume on the email address provided in each job post. You may also click the ‘apply’ link given with each post and directly submit your resume on the company career’s page.
Company Name: Ocean Drive Contracting
Job Location: Dubai
Education: NEBOSH (IGC), Diploma
Experience: 3-5 years of UAE/GCC experience in construction site
Salary Range: 3000 – 5000 AED /month
Interview Date: 6th Jan – 8th Jan 2022
Timing: 10:00 am – 01:00 pm
Location: Ocean Drive Site Office, Opposite to International School of Creative Science, Nad Al Shiba 3, Dubai.
- Responsible for company Health & Safety.
- Maintain and manage health and safety policies and procedures.
- Assessing health and safety training needs and sourcing appropriate training provision.
- Maintain, update and create standard operating procedures and assist in the implementation of continuous improvement safety projects.
- Complete regular risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated, reported (if applicable) and recommend improvements.
- Conduct safety inspections, fire drills and test fire alarms ensuring these are documented and any actions followed up.